Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cakes for Kasey

A dear sweet little boy named Kasey Radford passed away from brain cancer called Glioblastoma on February 4th, 2009.  He was 11 years old.  His family had a celebration of his life on the one year anniversary of Kasey's passing, and I offered to make the cakes.  They were a surprise to the family as far as what I would be doing.  Kasey loved to play a dice game called "10,000", so I did two dice cakes.  And because of the amount of people coming, I decided to do a 3rd cake and found a design with an angel that was fitting for the occasion.  The dice on the side of the cake are actually sugar cubes with piped dots to make them look like dice.  These are some of my favorite cakes right now. Not only for the way they turn out, but for the reason they were made.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment